How To Choose A Fishing Rod For A Beginner

Learning to fish for beginners is very intimidating. The act of casting a line out into the middle of the ocean is incredibly easy, but then being an effective angler is very difficult. The biggest 3 challenges in fishing for beginners is finding good fish, tying the correct fishing tackle, and knowing how to effectively cast your bait to get that fish. This article will give you some tips on how you can overcome these challenges and become an excellent angler. To read anoher beginners guide to fishing follow the link.

beginners guide to fishing


One of the most common mistakes made by beginner fishermen is buying way too much gear. This often times will lead to very expensive fly fishing tackle and expensive lures. I would suggest that the first few times that you fly fish with what you have on your fishing reel. I would start with either one or two line rings and then graduate to more heavy duty fly rods as you progress.

Another common mistake that new fisherman make is not selecting the proper type of rod for their species of game. The rod that you select for your species of game and size of fish will make a huge difference in the success that you have fishing. To get started picking out a rod, go online and check out some fishing forums. There are plenty of them online and each one is a great place to pick out a rod that will work the best for you.

Once you have picked out the appropriate rod, it's time to do a little research into what type of rod action is best suited for what kind of water conditions that you will be fishing in. I like to have my rod in my hand before I get out there. I'll simply grab my rod and start doing my tricks. What I mean by this is that I'll probably be standing by my rod and doing my normal set up maneuvers. If I want to baitcast or spin cast, I'll put the rod tip on the ground and start doing the motion that is corresponding to the motion that I am doing.

When I talk about motion, I mean that I move my rod in such a way that I am casting with a spinning action. This is the opposite of the conventional casting fishing rod. Now, I'm going to quickly go over my favorite spinning rods. The basic rod I use the most is my Diamondback Spinning Rod. If I were to try to explain this type of fishing rod, I'd have to try and make it short so that everyone could understand what I'm talking about. If you are familiar with spinning reels, then you should have no problem following along with me.

The first thing I want to talk about is the weight class of the fishing rod. Typically, all fishing rods will fall into one of four weight classes. There is the lightest, the medium, the strongest, and the heaviest. It should be relatively simple to figure out what your current rod weight class is. You should be able to determine this by purchasing a rod that falls into the category of your current rod weight class. To read another beginners guide to fishing follow the link.

The next topic we're going to discuss is fishing with various types of reel units. Some anglers swear by using a drag system while others swear by a retractable reel unit. In the interest of honesty, I personally use the drag system while fishing. I have always been impressed with the performance of retractable fishing reels, however, many people swear by surf rods as being much better for their skills.

The last topic we're going to discuss is my favorite bait to use while fishing. If you are just starting out, you may want to start out with the very basic, simple live bait such as worms, small minnows, night crawlers, or gizzard shad. As you become more experienced, you can try different bait, but for now, these are my favorites. I fish all type of waters, from creek systems to large rivers and lakes, with my spinning rod, reel, and bait cast reel.

Comments

Popular Posts